I am not a cook.

Friday, April 28, 2006

I tried a basic alfredo sauce tonight:

1 3/4 cups heavy cream
6 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 lb fresh pasta
1/2 lb shrimp
1/2 lb scallops

For pasta:
2 1/4 cups flour
3 eggs

For fresh pasta, you need a pasta machine, it's a lot of fun to use:


I used the pasta machine to make fresh fettucini.

Bring a large pot of water to boil, for pasta. In a separate pot, bring butter and cream to boil over medium heat, then lower heat and keep hot. Lightly cook scallops and shrimp in butter over medium heat in a pan, and set aside. When water is boiling, briefly boil pasta until al dente, do not overcook. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add cream and butter mixture to pasta along with the cheese to the drained pasta, and toss over medium heat until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens. Add shrimp and scallops, season with salt and pepper, and serve. I sprinkled some freshly chopped parsley to give the dish a little color, and served with some fresh baked bread and a local chardonnay.


8/10: I don't really like dairy products, but if you like cheese I think you'll love this dish.
The scallops and shrimp are optional, next time I would replace the scallops with calamari, since I like calamari a lot more.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home