I am not a cook.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

This is an easy one, Spicy Sauteed Fish with Olives and Cherry Tomatoes:


1 lbs tilapia
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup black olives, chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
salt & pepper

Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Rub salt and pepper on tilapia fillets, and saute 2 fillets at a time until just cooked, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and keep warm, and repeat for remaining fillets. In the same skillet, add parsley and crushed red pepper, and saute for one minute until fragrant. Add tomatoes, olives, and garlic, and saute for 2 more minutes, until tomatoes are just cooked and tender and juicy (I added a little white wine to help the vegetables cook). Season sauce with salt & pepper, spoon over the tilapia, and serve.


8/10: This tasty Mediterranean dish is very easy to make, and only involves about 10 minutes of cooking. The key is to cook everything very lightly, and make sure you use only the freshest ingredients you can find. When you go shopping for groceries, make sure you have a backup plan in case the store doesn't have fresh fish or cherry tomatoes that day.

Edit 10/4/06: I tried this again using orange roughy instead of tilapia, and it was much better. It's a little more expensive, but I recommend the roughy over the tilapia.

3 Comments:

  • Wtf is a roughy? Is it pronounced the same as "roofie"? I've recently come into some tilapia! But I don't like handling garlic cuz then my hands smell for a week. Ewww, you have smelly hands.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:39 AM  

  • Hi Austin,

    The food looks great. Are you considering a career change? Are you getting fat? I hope life is great.

    AJ

    By Blogger AJ, at 12:56 PM  

  • My hands smell like garlic 24/7 and I am getting fatter and fatter.

    By Blogger iamnotacook, at 1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home