I am not a cook.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

I have a friend who is a big fan of potato salad, so I tried this recipe for Asparagus, Red Pepper, and Potato Salad:


1 lbs red potatoes
1 lbs asparagus
1 red bell pepper, seeded
1/2 cup slivered red onion

5 tbsp spicy brown mustard
6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
6 tbsp olive oil
tabasco sauce
salt & pepper

Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, and cut into bite sized pieces. Lightly boil asparagus in a shallow pan of simmering water, then drain and splash in cold water. Chop asparagus into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Slice bell pepper and onion to same size as the asparagus.

For the dressing, stir together the mustard, vinegar, sugar, and garlic in a small bowl. Drizzle in the oil, whisking until the dressing takes on a creamy texture. Season with salt and pepper, and spice up with tabasco sauce as desired. Mix up the potatoes, asparagus, bell pepper and onion with the dressing, and serve.

6/10: I didn't remember that I don't like balsamic vinegar until I finished making this dish. Next time, I would leave that out. This is an easy dish to make, and quite healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home